Are you passionate about nature and photography? The naturalist photography course is for you! This course has a dual ambition: to work on photographic technique and to develop your knowledge of flora and fauna. You'll be accompanied by a team of passionate wildlife photographers who will guide you from the moment you take your camera to the composition of your photographs. This course is an opportunity to develop your naturalist skills so you can identify the species (plants and animals) you may come across on your walks.
In photography you learn to
- Master your equipment and the principles of photography.
- The 3 basic parameters and their implications: ISO, aperture, speed
- The different automatic modes
- Macro entomology
- Macro Botany
- Shooting birds in flight
- Setting up a blind
- Landscapes, including at night
In ornithology you learn to
- Recognize the main common birds
- Locate the main common birds in their environment
- Learn more about the ecology of these birds
Entomology training consists of
- Understand and describe insect morphology
- Know and be able to identify insect orders and some of their interesting features for photography.
- Know and identify classic butterfly families and species
In Botany you are initiated
- Understanding plant structures and growth patterns
- Morphological analysis of plants
- A Identification of plant families based on morphological characteristics
- Recognizing the main plant families
Our partner is offering those who wish to do so, the opportunity to take a certification exam for naturalist skills in the fields of ornithology, botany and entomology. This certification, by level and by naturalist discipline, will lead to the award of a "certificate of naturalist skills" as well as an "Open Badge" detailing the associated bodies of knowledge and skills. These certificates will enable you to attest to your naturalist knowledge and technical skills acquired during these training courses.
Training eligible for tax deduction
- Price: €980 : 333.2 after tax deductions
- Monday June 5 to Friday June 9, 2023.
The partner NGO is recognized for the quality, usefulness, solidarity and educational nature of its stays, which enable their participants to advance a genuine project dedicated to science and the resolution of sustainable development objectives, through practical experience. So, in line with the Congés Solidaires tax system, you don't buy a holiday, you make a donation to the NGO, which can then set up the projects, and the participants commit to them as volunteers. The financial contribution to the NGO is therefore tax-deductible in all countries of the European Economic Area (European Union, Switzerland... in France, for example, up to 66%).
The wildlife photography course takes place in the Champsaur valley on the edge of the Ecrins National Park (Fr - Hautes-Alpes). You are supervised by animal photography enthusiasts and naturalist instructors.
It is open to people aged 18 and over.
The partner NGO has Special Consultative Status with the UN (ECOSOC) and is a member of the AAAS Science and Human Rights Coalition. Specializing in scientific trips, the NGO develops participatory research and believes that education is the driving force behind the Sustainable Development Goals. OSI